Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/10/05/fall-rice-bowl/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Fall Rice Bowl
The perfect bowl for Fall!
- 2 cups chopped roasted butternut squash
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped and sauteed
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas or 1 can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp sage
- 2 T fresh parsley, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Peel the squash, remove the seeds and cut into cubes.
- Place the squash on a lined baking sheet and brush with a little oil.
- Roast for about 35-40 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, saute the onions on medium heat, in a little bit of oil. Cook just until they start to soften a little. About 5 minutes. Once the onions are done cooking, add them to a bowl with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
- This should last about a week in the fridge. I am not sure if it can be frozen, if you try, let me know the results!