Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/11/10/paleo-apple-cobbler/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Paleo Apple Cobbler
For the crust
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 10 Medjool dates
- pinch sea salt
For the apple mixture
- 4 large apples, peeled and cored (I used honey crisp)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
For the topping
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 T unsweetened applesauce
- In a food processor , combine the crust ingredients until a loose dough starts to form.
- Press the dough into an 8x8 baking dish and set in the fridge.
- In a slow cooker , add all the filling ingredients. Turn on high and cook until the apples soften. About 1-2 hours. You can also do this on the stove top if you prefer. That should only take about 30 minutes. I like to slow cook to bring out more sweetness.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Using a slotted spoon, pour the finished filling on top of the crust and set aside while you make the topping.
- In a food processor , combine the topping ingredients. Sprinkle the topping over the apples and place in the oven.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until the topping looks a golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- This should last at least 5 days in the fridge. Enjoy!