Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/11/14/butternut-pasta-casserole/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Butternut Pasta Casserole
The perfect dish for a plant based Thanksgiving!
- One 12-ounce package brown rice penne or elbow pasta
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup peas
- 3 cups butternut cream sauce
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Cook pasta al dente (about 5 minutes) and remove from water and put in a casserole dish .
- Mix in peas, onions, and carrots.
- Mix in the sauce and nutritional yeast
- Cover the dish and cook at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and top with panko bread crumbs and cook for another 10 minutes
- Remove from oven.
- Top with green onions and serve.
by Melissa King