Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/12/01/chocolate-coffee-cookies/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Coffee Cookies
The perfect blend of coffee and chocolate. A must try for chocolate lovers!
- 1 1/3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut butter (if you don't like coconut, use regular butter or vegan butter)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp coffee extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl , mix all the dry ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the coconut butter, maple syrup and coffee extract. Be careful not to over-mix or your cookies will spread too much.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix until combined. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop cookies on a lined baking sheet . Flatten each cookie with your palm.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Let cookies completely cool before removing from the baking sheet. This step is very important.
Keep these cookies stored in the fridge. They should last a couple weeks that way. You can also freeze them for longer storage. Enjoy!