Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/12/04/red-pepper-eggplant-pasta/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Red Pepper Eggplant Pasta
- 2 cups penne pasta (I used brown rice pasta)
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms (baby bella or button)
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 4-5 cups chopped eggplant,
- 3.5 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt to taste
- Chop the eggplant, lightly salt and place in a colander for 15 minutes.
- In a medium stock pot , bring the 6 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Put all the ingredients, except the pasta, in a large sauce pan .
- Cover and let simmer until onions are soft and eggplant is cooked.
- Lastly add the pasta and serve.
This should last at least 5 days in the fridge. I am not sure how well it will freeze since I haven't tried it. Enjoy!