Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/12/06/caramel-apple-oatmeal/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Caramel Apple Oatmeal
Make a weeks worth of breakfast with this healthy recipe.
- 10 Medjool dates (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 7 cups water or almond milk (I used water)
- 4 apples sliced thin
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- In a slow cooker , combine the oats, apples, water and spices. Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- While the oats are cooking, make the caramel.
- In a blender , combine the soaked dates and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Once the oats are cooked, drizzle the date and maple syrup "caramel" into the oats. Enjoy!