Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/12/13/gingerbread-roasted-chickpeas/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Gingerbread Roasted Chickpeas
A healthy snack alternative to chips!
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, or two 15-ounce cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2-3 T maple syrup
- 1 T blackstrap molasses
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pat the chickpeas dry with a towel.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread chickpeas onto a lined baking sheet .
- Bake for 50 minutes, stopping every 15-20 minutes to shake them around.
To store these, let them cool completely. Then scatter rice at the bottom of the storage container. The rice should help absorb the moisture and keep the chickpeas crunchy. Enjoy!!