Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/12/23/peppermint-candy-cane-cookies/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies
The perfect holiday cookie!
- 1 1/3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut butter , softened (you can use vegan butter or regular butter as well)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp - 1tsp peppermint extract (depending how strong you want the peppermint)
- 2 dye free candy canes, chopped fine (plus a few extra pieces for the top.
- In a medium bowl , mix the dry ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl , mix the coconut butter, maple syrup and peppermint extract. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Slowly, add the dry ingredients to the wet until all are combined.
- Lastly. add in the crushed candy canes and mix until combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop , drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet . Garnish the tops with a few extra candy cane pieces.
- Place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- While the cookies are in the fridge, preheat the oven to 350.
- Bake the cookies for 10-14 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely before removing from the cookie sheet.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry for a few days. If you plan on storing longer, you can store them in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!