Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/01/02/3-bean-vegetable-soup/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
3 Bean Vegetable Soup
An easy, budget friendly recipe!
- 1 cup dried kidney beans (see notes for using cans)
- 1 cup dried pinto beans (see notes for using cans)
- 1 cup dried white beans (see notes for using cans)
- 1 large green pepper chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5-6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Sea salt to taste
- If you are using an Instant Pot , place all the ingredients in the pot. Hit the bean setting for 30 minutes. Do a natural release.
- If you are using a slow cooker , soak the dried beans overnight before using in this recipe. Then add all the ingredients to a slow cooker and cook on high for at least 5 hours.
by Melissa King
If you are using canned beans, use 1 can for each type of bean. Make sure you drain and rinse well before adding to the pot. This should last a week in the fridge and up to 6 months in the freezer. Enjoy!