Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/01/19/lentil-stuffed-sweet-potatoes/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Lentil Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
A super easy, budget friendly meal!
- 1 1/4 cups black beluga lentils (brown lentils or black beans will work too)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 baked sweet potatoes
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup corn
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup veggie broth
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt to taste
- Cook the beluga lentils using 1 1/4 cups uncooked lentils and 2 1/2 cups water. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat, and let simmer for 15 minutes covered. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan , saute the onions, veggie broth, zucchini, corn, and garlic for 7-9 minutes on medium high heat until the onions are soft, reduce heat to low and add the cooked lentils and stir.
- For the sweet potatoes:
- If using an Instant Pot , fill the bottom with a little water, place the sweet potatoes on top of the trivet. Pierce with a fork a few times. Cook on manual for 20-25 minutes and then do a natural release.
- If using an oven, preheat to 400. Place the sweet potatoes on a lined baking sheet .
- Brush with oil and pierce with a fork a few times. Cook for about 45 minutes, OR until you can pierce the flesh easily with a knife.
- To serve, cut open the baked sweet potatoes. Pour the lentil mixture over them. Top with green onions, sea salt and dairy free sour cream.
This should keep in the fridge for at least 5 days. Enjoy!