Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/01/22/toasted-coconut-vanilla-smoothie/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Toasted Coconut Vanilla Smoothie
Full of coconut flavor, this smoothie is a must try for coconut lovers!
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut + a little more for garnishing
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tsp ground vanilla beans
- 2 medjool dates
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread the shredded coconut on a lined baking sheet and place in the oven for 3-5 minutes. You just want to toast it a little to bring out the flavor more. Set aside.
- Open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the fatty part. Place it in the blender . You can freeze the remaining water to use in smoothies.
- Also add the bananas, vanilla beans, dates and toasted coconut to the blender. (Save a little bit of the toasted coconut for garnish though.)
- Blend until smooth.
- For best results, serve immediately.