Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/01/24/chocolate-sweet-potato-muffins/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Sweet Potato Muffins
A chocolate muffin with a hidden source of veggies!
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups cooked and pureed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (or more sweet potato)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350
- In one bowl , add the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl add the wet.
- Add dry to wet and mix until combined.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Using a large cookie scoop , spoon batter into lined muffin cups .
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool before removing from pan.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. They should last at least 7-10 days. You can also freeze them for up to 6 months.