Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/02/05/easy-cabbage-stir-fry/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Cabbage Stir Fry
The perfect, easy meal to whip up after a long day!
- 1 head purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 5 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup toasted cashew pieces
- 1 T toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce OR coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon mirin (see notes)
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced (for garnish)
- Sea salt to taste (if using coconut aminos)
- In a large covered saute pan , on medium heat, saute the cabbage, carrots, onions, celery, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and mirin for 30 minutes, OR until the cabbage has softened. Stir often. Remove from heat and serve with a handful of toasted cashews and green onions on top.