Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/02/10/quinoa-crunch-chocolate-bars/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Quinoa Crunch Chocolate Bars
Make these healthier chocolate crunch bars. Just takes a few minutes!
- 1/4 cup toasted quinoa
- 1/2 cup coconut oil , melted (If you don't like the taste of coconut, use refined coconut oil )
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 3-4 T maple syrup
- To toast the quinoa, heat a saute pan or skillet on medium heat. Put the uncooked quinoa in the pan and stir often as it toasted. It should only take a minute or two to get it nice and toasted.
- In a large bowl , mix the coconut oil, cacao powder and maple syrup. Stir well.
- Add in the quinoa and stir until it's well incorporated.
- Pour onto a parchment lined baking sheet , or into chocolate molds .
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
Please keep this chocolate stored in the freezer. It should last up to 6 months that way. Enjoy!