Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/02/12/chocolate-strawberry-cookies/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Strawberry Cookies
The perfect Valentine's Day cookie!
For the cookies
- 2 cups freeze dried strawberries
- 1 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 3-4 T maple syrup
- 2 T cacao powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
For the chocolate drizzle
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 T almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , combine the cashew butter and strawberries. Blend until well incorporated.
- Add in the cacao powder and maple syrup. Blend.
- Lastly, add the 1/4 cup chocolate chips and pulse just to get them mixed well.
- Using a cookie scoop , drop the cookies on a lined baking sheet . Use your palm to flatten each cookie.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Let cool completely before you make the chocolate drizzle.
- To make the chocolate drizzle, melt the chocolate chips and almond milk in a double boiler.
- Once the chocolate is melted, drizzle a little over each cookie. Store in the fridge to set.
by Melissa King
Keep these cookies stored in the fridge or freezer. They should last about 2 weeks in the fridge and up to 6 months in the freezer. Enjoy!