Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/02/14/quinoa-with-roasted-garlic-and-potatoes/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Quinoa with Roasted Garlic and Potatoes
Roasting the garlic and potatoes adds such great flavor!
- 3 golden russet potatoes, chopped (sweet potatoes may work too)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 10 - 15 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup green onions
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Put the garlic, potatoes, onions, and oil in a large glass baking dish and roast potatoes for 40-50 minutes taking time to stir the mixture at least once.
- While that is cooking, add the water and quinoa to a saucepan . Bring to a boil, then cover, turn down heat and simmer until all the water is absorbed. (About 10 minutes)
- Take the roasted veggies out of the oven after they are done, and mix every thing together salting to taste.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.
If we had them, we would have added green peas to this as well. The flavors would have went very well together. If you decide to add green peas, just mix them in at the end. This should last at least 5 days in the fridge. Enjoy!