Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/02/22/no-bake-oat-bars/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
No Bake Oat Bars
Only a few simple ingredients to make these healthy bars!
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 15 Medjool dates , pits removed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Sea salt to taste
- Jam of choice (I used raspberry)
- In a food processor , add the oats, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Pulse a few times.
- Then add the dates and pulse another few times.
- Add some water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough starts to come together.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Press 1/2 the filling into the bottom of the pan. Press down hard with your palms so it packs tight.
- Spread some jam over the mixture. Make sure you leave about 1/2 inch around the border.
- Lastly, pack the remaining mixture on top of the jam layer. Pack this layer down tight as well.
- Place in the fridge to firm up. Only a few minutes.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut into bars and store in an airtight container. These should last a few weeks in the fridge.