Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/03/13/oat-bran-muffins/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Oat Bran Muffins
The perfect healthy breakfast muffin!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oat bran
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs work too)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl , combine the milk and oat bran. Stir well and let sit for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In another medium bowl , combine the dry ingredients. Stir with a fork.
- In a large bowl , add the maple syrup, flax eggs, applesauce and vanilla. Mix well.
- Once the oat bran is done soaking, add that to the liquid mixture and mix.
- Lastly, add the dry ingredients and mix until combined, being careful not to over-mix.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin pans . I used silicone muffin liners and did not have to grease. If you use paper liners, you will need to brush them with oil so the muffins do not stick.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing from the muffin liners.
- Keep these in the fridge or freezer. They should last at least a week in the fridge and up to 6 months in the freezer. Enjoy!