Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/03/26/flourless-peppermint-chocolate-cookies/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Flourless Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
These healthy cookies come with an extra boost of protein and fiber!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans OR 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup nut butter of choice (I used almond butter) Not sure if peanut butter would be a good sub since it has such a strong flavor.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (or more for an extra minty flavor)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , combine all the ingredients. Mix well.
- If the batter looks a little too wet, stick the bowl in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Using a cookie scoop , drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet .
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from the baking sheet.
These should last at least 7-10 days in the fridge. You can also freeze them for longer storage. Enjoy!