Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/03/31/chocolate-coffee-cheesecake/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Coffee Cheesecake
The perfect dessert for chocolate lovers!
- 3/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 5 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tsp coffee extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 T almond milk
- In a food processor, mix all 3 ingredients for the crust. If the mixture looks a little dry, you can add a small amount of water to get it to come together. I did not have to do this.
- Grease a 6 inch spring form pan .
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan and place in the fridge.
- Drain the cashews. For the cheesecake, add all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour this mixture into the 6 inch spring form pan and place in the fridge to set. This may take 1-2 hours.
- Once the cheesecake is set, use a double boiler method to melt the chocolate chips and milk. Remove the sides of the spring form pan and drizzle the chocolate over the cheesecake. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.