Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/04/12/easy-mexican-quinoa/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Easy Mexican Quinoa
- 7-8 tomatillos
- 2 cups corn
- 2 T avocado oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups black beans
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1-2 tsp cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 avocado chopped
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a bowl, toss the tomatillos and corn in the avocado oil.
- Spread onto a baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes. You may need to toss once halfway through. Once the tomatillos are cooled, give them a rough chop.
- In a small saucepan, add the quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, then turn down, cover and simmer until all the water is absorbed. About 10 minutes.
- Add everything, except the avocado, to a bowl and mix well. Once ready to serve, chop avocado and serve on top.
This should last at least 4-5 days in the fridge. It can also be frozen for longer storage. Enjoy!