Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/04/14/chocolate-rice-crispy-squares/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Rice Crispy Squares
A healthier twist on the classic treat!
- 1 cup cashew butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 T coconut oil
- 3 T maple syrup
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice cripsy cereal
- In a large saucepan , on medium heat, cook the cashew butter, chocolate chips, coconut oil and maple syrup. Make sure you are stirring often until the mixture is smooth.
- Once smooth, stir in the crispy cereal and remove from heat. Mix so that all the cereal is coated.
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Spoon batter into the baking dish and press the mixture down firmly.
- Place in the fridge to set. This should take about 30 minutes.
- Once the mixture has set, cut into bars and serve.
These bars should be kept in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!