Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/05/09/sweet-potato-chickpea-stir-fry/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Sweet Potato Chickpea Stir Fry
A super easy and inexpensive meal!
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1-2 tsp sage , depending on how strong you like the sage flavor
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
- Sea salt to taste
- Optional: Sliced avocado for topping
- In a large saute pan , on medium heat, saute the sweet potatoes, onion, garlic and sage in olive oil.
- Cover and let cook until the sweet potato and onions start to soften. Make sure you stir occasionally as well.
- Once the sweet potatoes start to soften, add the chickpeas and cook for a few more minutes. Lastly, add the spinach and salt to taste. Cook until the spinach is slightly wilted.
This should keep for at least 4 days in the fridge. You can also freeze it for longer storage. Enjoy!