Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/05/31/sweet-potato-scones/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Sweet Potato Scones
Start your day with these healthy scones. The come with a boost of protein and fiber + a secret serving of veggies!
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potato puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (measure after melting)
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs should work too)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , grind the cashews into a powder. Add them to a bowl with the rest of the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl , mix the wet ingredients.
- Add dry to wet and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into a parchment lined round pan. I used an 8 inch round cake pan .
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Once cool, cut into pieces. You can serve immediately, or refrigerate for later.
This should last at least a week in the fridge. You may also be able to freeze it. Enjoy!