Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/06/09/lemon-parsley-and-bean-noodle-salad/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Lemon Parsley and Bean Noodle Salad
Delicious and healthy, this is sure to satisfy!
- 1/4 cup (85 g) quinoa
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp hulled tahini
- 1 tsp Homemade Mustard (page 135) (I used store bought)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¹?³ tsp sea salt flakes
- 1/2 medium zucchini, thin spirals
- 1/2 medium-to- large carrot, thin spirals
- 1 15-oz (425 g) can organic cooked cannellini beans, drained
- 2 tbsp currants
- 1 small handful roughly chopped parsley
- 1 small handful roughly chopped mint
- 2 small green (spring) onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small handful mixed parsley and mint leaves
- Add the uncooked quinoa and water to a medium pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and continue to simmer the quinoa, covered, until it absorbs the water. Turn off the heat.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until creamy.
- Place noodle ingredients in a large bowl, add the dressing, and toss until thoroughly coated.
- Top with extra herbs and serve.
© 2016 text and photography by Chris Anca
First published in the United States of America in 2016 by Race Point Publishing, a member of Quarto Publishing Group USA Inc. Recipe and photo used with permission.