Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/06/15/pea-pesto-pasta-salad/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Green Split Pea Pesto Pasta Salad
The perfect salad for summer. Light, fresh and bursting with flavor!
- 2 cups gluten free pasta
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup cooked split peas
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (Parmesan cheese may be used in place of the yeast as well)
- 10-12 basil leaves
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 cup yellow tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Optional: garnish with fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, combine the cooked peas, pine nuts, nutritional yeast, basil leaves, garlic and salt. Blend until smooth.
- If you need to, add water until you reach a desired consistency.
- In a large bowl, mix the pasta and pesto together.
- Add the tomatoes and garnish with parsley.
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge up to 4 days. Enjoy!