Posted by Marcus Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/07/11/pinto-beans-and-rice/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Pinto Beans and Rice
Anaheim peppers give this recipe a special flavor.
- 2 cups chopped Anaheim peppers OR 2 jalapenos if you prefer
- 4 cups chopped okra, stems removed
- 1 can or 1 1/2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 T almond oil OR oil of choice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Toss the onions, peppers, and okra in oil and place on a lined baking sheet. Cover the veggies and bake in the oven for 30 minutes
- Uncover the veggies and cook for another 30 minutes.
- As the veggies are cooking uncovered, bring the water to a boil and add the rice and cook until tender.
- Once the veggies and rice are cooked, add the minced garlic, rice, and veggies while hot and mix well.
- Add the pinto beans and mix together.
- Salt to taste and serve.
This should last about 5 days in the fridge. It should also freeze well for later.