Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/07/16/salted-caramel-cashew-ice-cream/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Salted Caramel Cashew Ice Cream
This healthy and decadent ice cream is sweetened only with dates!
- 8 Medjool dates (soaked overnight)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup unsalted cashew butter (or unsalted nut butter of choice)
- Make sure your ice cream bowl has been in the freezer for at least 18 hours before making this recipe.
- Drain the dates and add them to a blender . Blend until smooth. Then add the sea salt and blend again. Set date mixture aside.
- Add the coconut milk and cashew butter to the blender and blend until smooth. Pour the coconut milk/cashew mixture into the ice cream bowl and turn the ice cream machine on.
- It should take about 15-20 minutes to make ice cream. When the ice cream looks about halfway done, add the date caramel to the mixture and finish making the batch.
- Transfer to ice cream tubs and store in the freezer. I like these tubs . This should last in the freezer for at least 3 months. Enjoy!
This ice cream makes a soft serve. If you like a harder ice cream, place the ice cream in the freezer for a few extra hours to firm up more.