Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/08/12/turkish-muhammara/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Another great alternative to hummus!
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 T tomato paste or red pepper paste
- 1 T pomegranate molasses
- 1 T tahini
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon (or more to suit your taste)
- Handful finely chopped parsley (optional)
- In a saute pan , cook the onions in olive oil until they become translucent. About 5 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking, pulse the walnuts and garlic in the food processor a few times. Then add in the remaining ingredients and pulse until the mixture comes together. Lastly, add the cooked onion in and pulse a few more times.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
- This should keep for at least a week in the fridge. Enjoy!