Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/09/21/curry-chickpea-cous-cous/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Curry Chickpea Cous Cous
Whip this meal up fast. Delicious hot or cold.
- 1 cup Israeli cous cous OR 1 cup buckwheat for a gluten free option
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas OR 1 can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T olive oil (This can be omitted if you want it oil free)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 cup baby arugula
- In a small saucepan , bring water and a pinch of salt to a boil. Once boiling, add the cous cous, cover and turn down to simmer. Cook until all the water has been absorbed. Usually about 10 minutes. Once cooked, let it cool.
- Once cooled, add the cous cous to a large bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Mix until combined. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later. I highly suggest letting the mixture marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes for the flavors to develop more.
This should last at least 3-4 days in the fridge. Enjoy!