Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/09/25/pumpkin-oatmeal-cream-pies/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cream Pies
The perfect sandwich cookie for Fall!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked in water for at least 4 hours)
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 5 Medjool dates , pits removed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Drain the cashews and add them to a food processor with the maple syrup.
- Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor , add the remaining ingredients and blend into a dough.
- Gather the dough up, wrap in plastic, and place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on your counter top. Put the dough on top of the parchment paper and flatten it with your hand. Place a sheet to plastic wrap, or another piece of parchment on top of the dough.
- Using a rolling pin , roll out the dough. Using a circular cookie cutter (I like this one ), cut cookie shapes and place them on a lined baking sheet or plate.
- Once all the cookies have been cut, spread the filling on top and make sandwiches. I got 12 cookie sandwiches out of my batch. Place back in the fridge to firm up if the dough has gone a bit soft.
- Keep these stored in the fridge. They should last at least a week or two. Enjoy!