Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/09/29/sweet-potato-coffee-cake-muffins/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Sweet Potato Coffee Cake Muffins
The perfect bite with a cup of coffee. It even comes with a serving of veggies!
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup pureed cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs will also work)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 T gluten free oat flour
- 3 T coconut sugar
- 2 T coconut oil (measure after melting)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl , mix all the dry ingredients for the muffins.
- In another bowl , mix the wet ingredients.
- Add dry to wet and mix until combined.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin pans . I used jumbo sized muffins. If you use standard size, the cooking time will be less.
- To make the crumble, mix the crumble ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle a little on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool before removing from pans and storing.
These should last at least 2 weeks in the fridge and even longer in the freezer. Enjoy!