Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/10/02/pumpkin-pecan-pudding-bread/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Pumpkin Pecan Pudding Bread
This warm and gooey bread is the perfect holiday dessert! An easy and healthy recipe that can be made in your slow cooker! Vegan and gluten free.
- 1 2/3 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3 T coconut sugar
- In a large bowl , mix together the oat flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- In the slow cooker , add the pumpkin puree, almond milk and coconut oil. Mix well.
- Add the dry mixture to the slow cooker and mix everything well. Stir in the pecans, or place them on top. I mixed mine into the batter.
- Lastly, in a heat-safe measuring cup, add the 1 cup very hot or boiling water and the 3 T coconut sugar together. Mix for a minute, then pour the water mixture over the mixture in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for about 1 1/2 hours. The outcome should be a soft bread with a sweet sauce underneath.
- Top with ice cream or coconut cream when ready to serve. Enjoy!
The inspiration for this recipe came from here .