Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/10/15/pumpkin-chocolate-mousse-pie/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Pumpkin Chocolate Mousse Pie
A healthy and easy pie that is sure to please! No baking required. Vegan, gluten free and paleo.
For the crust
- 2 1/2 cups raw pecans
- 8 Medjool dates , pits removed
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 T coconut oil , melted
For the mousse
- 1 15-ounce can full fat coconut milk , chilled overnight
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3-4 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the chocolate
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 T coconut oil , melted
For the crust:
- In a food processor , combine the pecans and dates. Blend until you start to get a coarse consistency. Then add the coconut oil and pulse a few more times.
- Press the mixture into a greased pie dish and place int he fridge while you make the mousse.
For the mousse,
- Open the chilled can of coconut milk and scoop out the white fatty part into a bowl. You can save the remaining water for smoothies.
- Use a whipping attachment on your mixer to whip into a cream. Then add the pumpkin puree, maple syrup and cinnamon and whip some more.
- Spoon the mixture into the pie shell and place back in the fridge while you melt the chocolate.
To make the chocolate:
- Use a double boiler method to melt the chocolate and coconut oil together. Once melted, drizzle over the top of the pie and place it back in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
This pie should last in the fridge for at least a week. Enjoy!!