Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/10/24/secret-ingredient-chocolate-silk-pie/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Secret Ingredient Chocolate Silk Pie
Secret Ingredient Chocolate Silk Pie You won't BELIEVE this silk pie is packed full of veggies!
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tsp oil (I used almond)
- 1 Tbs + 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbs ground flax + 1 Tbs water
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 zucchini (peeled, grated and squeezed extra dry)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder , to taste
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup , to taste
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1/16 tsp almond extract
- Pinch of pink salt
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly oil a pie plate .
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and salt.
- In a small cup, combine flax, water, oil and maple syrup.
- Pour wet over dry and mix well. Press into a standard size pie dish.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes until lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
To make the chocolate filling:
- Add avocados to food processor and blend well. Add zucchini and blend again until very smooth..
- Warm coconut oil gently in a glass measuring cup in the microwave or stove top.
- Add warm oil and remaining ingredients to taste.
- Spread over cooled crust. Decorate with chocolate shavings. Refrigerate for 3 hours to set. Enjoy!
To make chocolate shavings, use a vegetable peeler and about 1/3 of your favorite dark chocolate bar and gently "peel" thin layers of chocolate.
Avoid avocados that are overly ripe, since they can have an “avocadoy” flavor. I used medium Haas avocados. You may need 1 Tbs more or less maple syrup and cacao, depending on the size of your avocados.Taste as you go. Use honey instead of maple syrup to make it Paleo.