Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/11/07/chocolate-almond-butter-mousse-pie/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Almond Butter Mousse Pie
Super rich and creamy chocolate almond butter mousse pie. Vegan, gluten free AND paleo approved! Nut free option in the post as well.
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans
- 10 Medjool dates , pits removed
- Water if needed
For the filling
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 T cacao powder
- 2 T unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 4 T maple syrup , divided
- 1 full-fat canned coconut milk , refrigerated overnight)
- sea salt (optional)
For the crust:
- In a food processor , combine the almonds, pecans and dates. Blend until the mixture comes together. You may need to add a few drops of water to make it stick. Once you have a sticky mixture, press it into a greased pie plate . Place in the fridge to set while you make the filling.
For the filling:
- In a small sauce pan , heat the almond butter, chocolate chips, cacao powder, 2 T maple syrup and almond milk. Stir until the chips are melted and everything is well mixed. Set aside.
- Open the can of refrigerated coconut milk and scoop the fatty white part out into a mixing bowl with the other 2 T maple syrup . You can save the remaining water for smoothies.
- Using the whipping attachment on your mixer , whip the into a cream. Once it looks creamy, you can gently fold the chocolate mixture until everything is mixed together well.
- Pour the finished mixture into the crust and place back in the fridge to set. It should set in about 1 hour.
This should last at least 2 weeks in the fridge. You can also freeze it for longer. Enjoy!