Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/11/30/creamy-broccoli-potato-soup/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Creamy Broccoli Potato Soup
A healthy and easy soup that freezes great. Very budget friendly too. Vegan and gluten free.
- 3 golden russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 1/4 cups vegetable broth , divided
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- sea salt to taste
- In a large stock pot , on medium heat, saute the onions and garlic in 1/4 cup vegetable broth , stirring often.
- Add the diced potatoes, nutritional yeast, and 3 cups vegetable broth to the pot, turn heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and carefully blend the soup using an immersion blender .
- Add the broccoli and almond milk, put back on a low temp, cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, salt to taste and blend through with the immersion blender again.
This should last at least 5 days in the fridge and you can also freeze it for up to 6 months. Enjoy!