Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/12/03/no-bake-turtle-cookies/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
No Bake Turtle Cookies
No Bake Turtle Cookies have all the delicious elements of the classic candy, but without the refined sugar, flour or butter! Vegan, gluten free and paleo!
For the cookie
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 8 Medjool dates , pits removed
- 2-3 T water
For the caramel
- 3 T maple syrup
- 3 T almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
For the chocolate
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 T coconut oil
- In a food processor , add the dates and pecans. Pulse until you get a coarse consistency.
- Slowly, 1 T at a time, add water until the dough starts to clump together.
- Roll mixture into balls and place them on a lined baking sheet .
- Flatten each one with your palm, and then use your thumb to make an indentation in the middle of each cookie.
- Place them in the fridge. While you make the caramel.
- To make the caramel, mix the almond butter and maple syrup in a small blender . Spoon a little caramel into each cookie and place them back in the fridge while you make the chocolate.
- To make the chocolate, use a double boiler method to mix the chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Once melted, drizzle a little chocolate over each cookie until they are all covered. Place back in the fridge to set.