Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/12/11/lentil-stuffed-acorn-squash/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Lentil Stuffed Acorn Squash
This dish is full of fall and winter seasonal produce. The perfect vegan dish for your holiday celebrations!
- 1 large acorn squash OR 3 small ones.
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup dry green lentils
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup pomegranates (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut the squash in rings, cut out the seeds, brush with oil and place on a lined baking sheet . Bake for about 22-27 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Scrape the seeds off the middles of the acorn squash and cube the remaining squash pieces. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan , on medium-high heat, add the water, dry lentils and onions. Cover and let simmer for about 7 minutes.
- Then add the Brussels sprouts, remaining squash cubes, sage, thyme, and salt. Reduce heat to medium and cover for 10 minutes, or until Brussels sprouts are soft. Remove the lid for the last few minutes to let any remaining water boil off.
To assemble for serving:
- Place one acorn squash ring on a plate. Place the lentil filling in the middle and garnish with pomegranates.
To store: Place in an airtight container in the fridge. This should keep for at least 5 days. Enjoy!