Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/12/21/mint-chip-vegan-cheesecake/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Mint Chip Vegan Cheesecake
Decadent dairy-free mint cream flecked with bits of chocolate on a chewy chocolate crust!
- 1 1/4 cups almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 Tbs raw cacao
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of pink salt
- Splash of water to help blend
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk (refrigerated overnight, solid cream only)
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup coconut oil (melted & warm)
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 - 3/4 tsp mint extract, to taste (not peppermint)
- Dash of pink salt
- 1/2 bar of mint chocolate, or dark chocolate (about 1/3 cup shaved/finely chopped)
Garnish (see notes)
- Coconut whipped cream
- Melted chocolate or chocolate shavings
To make the crust:
- Pulse all ingredients together in a food processor. Add a splash of water if it's too dry.
- Press into a parchment-lined 7" springform pan.
To make the filling:
- Drain and rinse cashews. Blend cashews in a food processor or blender until finely ground.
- Add in remaining ingredients except chocolate. Blend smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Gently pulse or stir in the chocolate.
- Pour over crust and freeze until solid (at least 3 hours).
- Remove from springform and transfer to refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Garnish with melted chocolate and whipped cream, if desired (see notes). Enjoy!