Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/12/29/red-lentil-and-spinach-soup/
© 2016 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Red Lentil and Spinach Soup
Get back on the healthy track with this Red Lentil and Spinach Soup. A simple meal sure to please! Vegan and gluten free.
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1-2 tsp cumin (depending on home much you like)
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- 3 handfuls baby spinach
- In a large stock pot , add all the ingredients except for the spinach. Bring to a boil, then cover, turn down the heat, and simmer until the lentils are soft.
- Lastly, add the spinach and cook just long enough for it to wilt.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
This soup should last at least a week in the fridge and you can freeze it for up to 6 months. Enjoy!