Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2017/01/02/slow-cooker-tortilla-soup/
© 2017 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup
Healthy Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup that is a super cinch to make! Vegan and gluten free.
- 4 cups cooked pinto beans OR 2 15-ounce cans beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups tomatoes, diced
- 4-5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (red or yellow work best)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Tortilla chips or tortilla strips
- Garnish options: lime juice, avocado, cilantro, vegan sour cream
- Place all the ingredients in a slow cooker , except the tortilla chips, and cook on high for about 3-4 hours. Once done, you can add the tortilla chips or strips and choose whatever garnish options you like. Enjoy!
This should keep at least 4-5 days in the fridge. You can also freeze it in an air-tight containter for up to 6 months. If you plan to freeze, do not add the tortilla chips/strips.