Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2017/01/19/chocolate-coconut-quinoa-cookies/
© 2017 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Coconut Quinoa Cookies
A healthy cookie packed with good fats and protein sure to keep you full for a while. Vegan and gluten free.
- 2 cups quinoa flakes
- 1 cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil , measure after melting
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium sauce pan , on low heat, add the almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil. Stir well. Then add the shredded coconut and quinoa flakes and mix until combined.
- Lastly, add the chocolate chips and stir only long enough to mix them in well.
- Using a cookie scoop , drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet . Use your palm to press each cookie flat. Place in the fridge to firm up. About 10 minutes.
These should keep in the fridge for at least 2 weeks. They can also be frozen for up to 6 months. Enjoy!