Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2017/01/29/vegan-egg-roll-in-a-bowl/
© 2017 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Egg Roll in a Bowl
All the goodness from the inside of the egg roll, but without the fried wrappers! Vegan, gluten free and paleo.
- 1 small cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 2 portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 T coconut aminos
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- Salt (if needed)
- 1/4 cup green onions (optional for garnish)
- In a large saute pan, on medium heat, add the onion and toasted sesame oil. Cover and cook for a couple minutes until the onions soften.
- Add the remaining ingredients, cover and cook for about 7-10 minutes, making sure to stir at least once.
- Taste. If it needs salt, you can add it now.
- Serve with toasted sesame seeds and green onions as garnish if you like.
This should last at least 5 days in the fridge. I haven't tried freezing it. Enjoy!