Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2017/02/12/healthy-tropical-breakfast-bars/
© 2017 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Healthy Tropical Breakfast Bars
Taste some sunshine for breakfast with these Healthy Tropical Breakfast Bars. Bursting with flavors or coconut and pineapple. Vegan and gluten free.
For the bars
- 1 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup dried pineapple chunks
For the frosting
- 1/4 cup coconut butter , warmed or slightly softened.
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 T maple syrup
For the bars:
- In a large mixing bowl , combine the almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil. Stir well.
- Then add in the oats, coconut and pineapple chunks stir well.
- Press the mixture into a parchment lined loaf pan. I used one about this size .
- Place in the fridge while you make the frosting.
To make the frosting:
- In a small mixing bowl or measuring cup, add all the frosting ingredients and mix well.
- Use a spatula to spread the frosting on the top of the bars and place in the fridge to set.
Keep these bars stored in the fridge. They should last a few weeks that way. Enjoy!