Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2017/02/19/veggie-loaded-chickpea-stir-fry/
© 2017 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Veggie Loaded Chickpea Stir Fry
This healthy stir fry is a great way to use leftover veggies. Vegan, gluten free and grain free! Paleo option as well.
- 1 T oil (I used avocado oil )
- 1 red pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 orange pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1/2 T minced ginger
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 head small cabbage, cut in thin strips
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas OR 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 T coconut aminos (you can also use soy sauce or tamari)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- Optional garnish: 1 T toasted sesame seeds and 1/4 cup green onions
- In a large saute pan , on medium heat, add the oil, ginger, garlic and peppers. Stir well. Cover for 1 minute.
- Then add the cabbage and carrots, stir well and cover again.
- Next add in the chickpeas and coconut aminos. Stir well and cover for a few minutes.
- Lastly add broccoli and cover for another few minutes. Just to let the broccoli slightly soften.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onions.
Keep this in the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy!