Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2017/03/26/coffee-protein-cheesecake-bites/
© 2017 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Coffee Protein Cheesecake Bites
These Coffee Protein Cheesecake Bites make a healthy dessert with nutritional benefits. Vegan and gluten free.
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cup almonds
- 6 Medjool dates
- 2-3 T water
For the cheesecake
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/3 cup REBBL Cold-Brew Protein Elixir
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 T coconut butter
- 1-2 tsp coffee extract (for a really strong coffee flavor)
To make the crust:
- Add the almonds to a food processor and blend into a fine consistency. Then add the dates and continue to blend. Lastly add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a dough starts to form. Press a little dough into each lined muffin cup. Place in the freezer while you make the cheesecake.
To make the cheesecake:
- In a food processor add all the cheesecake ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into each muffin cup and place in the freezer to set. If you like, you can garnish the tops of each cheesecake bite with chocolate chips. I used stevia sweetened chocolate chips in the garnish of mine.
by Melissa King
Keep these bites stored in the freezer for best results. They should last at least 6 months that way. Enjoy!