Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2017/09/17/chickpea-fajita-bowls-vegan-gluten-free/
© 2017 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Chickpea Fajita Bowls (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Super easy Chickpea Fajita Bowls. Vegan and gluten free!
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8-10 baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 T homemade fajita seasoning
- 1/2 T avocado oil
- sea salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- In a large saute pan , on medium heat add the oil, onions and garlic. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Then add in the peppers and mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Lastly, add in the fajita seasoning, chickpeas and sea salt. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- When ready to serve, squeeze the lime juice over the top. You can serve over quinoa or brown rice.
We topped ours with avocado. This should keep for 5 days in the fridge. Enjoy!