For those of you that have young children, you are very familiar with the baby food in squeeze pouches. Since my daughters struggled with eating, we went through a lot of them. They travel really well and it’s easy for kids to eat. However, they add up in price pretty fast and you are left with trash to throw away. I have been looking for a refillable squeeze pouch for a while now. Then I found out about a company called Little Green Pouch. They make easy to use refillable feeding pouches.
These little green pouches are:
- BPA free, PCV free and phthalate-free
- Dishwasher safe
- Squeezable (perfect for little hands)
Little Green Pouch is going to give away a large starter kit ($49 value) to one lucky reader. Contest is open to US and Canada residents only. Giveaway will end on November 27 at 12:00am CST. Winner will be notified via email. Good luck!
Little Green Pouch Giveaway
I knew when I first got the samples that I wanted to make a recipe to use in them. So I did a twist on my Crock Pot Applesauce.
This is a healthy recipe perfect for babies on soft solids as well as toddlers. My husband and I even enjoyed it and put in in our overnight oats. Great flavors!
Pear and Apple Quinoa
A baby food you would be happy to serve to your child and eat yourself.
- 5 pears cored
- 5 apples cored
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Throw all the ingredients except the quinoa in the crock pot .
- Cook on high for about 3-4 hours. Once the apples and pears are soft and somewhat broken down, turn off the crock pot and let cool.
- Once cooled, add the quinoa and blend with an immersion blender . If you don’t have an immersion blender , you can transfer mixture to a blender and blend well.
If you decide to use a blender, you may need to blend the mixture in 2 batches. It can be refrigerated for a few weeks and frozen for even longer. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Little Green Pouch but the opinions are my own.