I get asked a lot about how to eat healthy away from home, so I thought I would share some of the things that I do.
1. Research research research. This is the best thing that you can do. I usually will go to my destination’s official website. That will usually have, not only things to do, but places to eat. I usually make a list of the nearest restaurants with healthy options. Then, I will look at their online menus.
2. Find the closest grocery store. This will provide you with fresh fruits and veggies, cheese, juice and water.
3. Try to get a room in a hotel with a little fridge. There are plenty of affordable hotels that provide one.
4. If you are driving somewhere, bring a cooler. If flying, you can bring an Insulated Lunch Box
6. Pack frozen veggies. They will stay cold for a long time and be thawed out by the time you go to eat them.
7. Convenience stores can be your friend. I am always able to get bananas, apples, oranges, veggie sticks and string cheese there.
Feel free to add some of your tips in the comments!